The Goodwood Festival of Speed is an annual hill climb race held at Goodwood House in West Sussex, England, with some of the world’s greatest cars, drivers, and motorcycle riders in attendance. It’s an event that any auto enthusiast doesn’t want to miss—but what should they do while they’re there? Here are some of the best activities to do while attending the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
1. Watch Races: One of the highlights of the event is the famous hill climb race, featuring drivers and riders competing on the challenging hill climb course. Whether you’re a racing fan or just an avid onlooker, it’s a great opportunity to watch some of the best drivers and riders test their skills on the track. Don’t forget to scope out the new cars debuting in the races—just make sure to keep your eyes on the track!
2. Talk To Drivers and Riders: In between the races, attendees have the chance to chat with some of the drivers and riders. It’s a great opportunity to get to know some of the best racers in the world and ask them all your questions about the cars, their strategies for the hill climb, and even their plans for the future.
3. Visit the Showroom: If you’re a fan of all the cars and bikes that will be featured at the event, be sure to head over to the showroom. You’ll get to admire all the vehicles up close and maybe even get a few autographs from some fan-favorites.
4. Attend Special Events: The Goodwood Festival of Speed also offers a variety of special events throughout the weekend. From lectures, demos, and autograph signings to party events and special music performances, there’s plenty to keep you entertained and engaged in between races.
5. Try Your Hand At Racing: You don’t have to be a professional racer to give the hill climb a shot. The Goodwood Festival of Speed offers single-day “Visitors’ Hot Laps” where you can test your skills and your car on their track. Even if you don’t have the fastest time, it’s a great way to experience the thrill of the course and have some fun in the process.
The Goodwood Festival of Speed is an incredible event for any auto enthusiast to attend, and it offers so many different ways to keep you entertained over the course of the weekend. Whether you’re there to witness the races, take pictures, or even take your own car for a spin, there’s something for everyone at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.